WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You'll Notice Big Differences When You Move Your Body

Recently, a friend's 20-year-old daughter wanted to get in shape. Knowing my passion for health and fitness, she asked if she could join me in exercise at our health club.

"Sure! When I choose to exercise indoors, I'll give you a call and you can come along!"

So began Megan's (name changed, of course!) weight loss! I knew she felt intimidated in the gym by all the different machines and all the firm, fit bodies! If that's how you feel, too, don't worry - it's common! I simply took her to the women's section of the gym and showed her how to use the various machines. Once she tackled that, I took her out into the large gym area and had her use the machines out there, too. I wanted her not to feel trapped within one area of the gym: If all the elliptical machines are taken in the women's section, I wanted her to have the confidence to use the ones in the open gym.

I knew she wasn't a runner and had no interest in running. So on days I went running, she chose her own exercise. But on days I chose walks, she came right along beside me. If you know upstate New York, you know how big the hills are here! Yep, we walked four mile routes on some pretty intense mountain roads. And she did it!

Within a little over a month, she had lost seven pounds! I asked her if she changed her eating habits. She said that she tried to watch the junk food consumption, and she was turning down desserts. Yeah, Megan!

By simply exercising every day, and changing two poor eating habits, she watched the weight drop. YOU CAN, TOO! Once you begin to see your body change for the better, you'll be motivated to continue.

Yes, it takes discipline. Yes, it's hard work to exercise when you don't feel like it. But if you want to invest in your health, in your future, then this is what it will take. YOU'RE WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!