WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Are You Getting Enough Protein?

This is something I wondered myself when I began pursuing fitness! I know for a fact there are many times when I don't get enough protein. Why is protein important? Because it contributes to important physiological functions such as building muscle and bone, and keeping cells working properly! In fact, when I began the P90X program, I started using a protein powder in my smoothies to make sure I was getting enough protein to repair/build muscle from my workouts!

But how much is enough? Of course, the answer varies based on sex and age - and the easiest way to calculate it is based on percentage of total calories consumed. And let's not neglect the source of the protein we choose to consume. That's another factor to consider!

Of the three macronutrients in food (protein, carbohydrates and fat), protein is the nutrient we can't store and use later. We MUST consume daily amounts of it - so we better understand it! If you're pursuing health and fitness, it's vital you understand these three macronutrients and begin to consume them within recommended amounts! Click here to read WebMD's advice about protein - and start analyzing your daily diet to see if you're under-consuming or over-consuming this vital food component.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!