WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You Athletes Over 40 Rock!


One of my best childhood friends just completed her second triathlon. I'm SO proud of her!
Lori is no stranger to a busy schedule. She's a podiatrist in the Chicago area with her own private practice, the mother of three children (including one set of twins), part-time caretaker of aging parents and over 40 years old. YOU ROCK, LORI! She wouldn't call herself an athlete per se, but she DOES admit to wanting to stay in shape to be the healthiest she can be.


I know other women who sign up for 5K and 10K races, or even triathlons and marathons, as a way to force themselves into shape. They sign up months in advance and then begin training. There's nothing like a deadline to force you into an exercise routine!


Kudos to all of you who are pursuing fitness - whether through exercise classes, gym memberships, or lofty goals like triathlons! I'm always awed by women, especially over 40, who grab hold of life and choose to control their health.


If Lori can do it, you can too!!!

2 comments:

  1. I admit I am behind and catching up with you, Val. Congrats to Lori!! I am not training for anything big but am prodding along a friend who is running a marathon in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome to watch these people make such incredible goals??? I love it! I'm sure your friend appreciates all the support you can give!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!