WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Did It! I Completed P90X!

It's official. Today was the last day of my 13-week journey. I'm now a graduate of the P90X program! Yeehaw!

People frequently ask me what I have gotten out of the program. Sure, my muscle definition improved (biceps, triceps, deltoids, abs). But I got so much more than this!

I'm stronger. Let me stay that again - I'M STRONGER. During the program, you keep a log of your strength-training exercises - how many reps with how much weight. It's hysterical to look at how many push ups or chin ups I could do at the beginning of the program compared to the end. Or how my hand weights (dumbbells) increased from 5 pounds to 15 and 20 pounds.

Being a runner, I thought I had endurance down pat. Nope, I learned even more about overcoming limitations and fatigue. I pushed myself through upper body workouts that I thought would kill me! Didn't think I'd ever hear myself grunt through a pull-up routine...my daughter laughed at me through those! On days I jogged, in addition to doing the program, my endurance on the hills noticeably improved. That's a very good thing in mountainous upstate New York!

And commitment? I was committed to exercise before the P90X program. I guess that's a given because this program is for those who are already fit and in a healthy lifestyle of fitness. However, there were no shortcuts allowed here. Every day there was approximately an hour's worth of exercise - regardless. When I run, if I'm busy, I can cut my jog down to three miles instead of six if I need to. Or if I'm feeling under the weather, I can power walk instead of run. But being committed to this 13-week program meant rain or shine, sickness or health, I had to get through an intense hour workout - and over 300 abdominal exercises on certain days! Yikes.

Strength, endurance and commitment are invaluable lessons. Fortunately, they are transferable traits to other areas of our lives!

I challenge you to live a life of exercise. P90X isn't a miracle program. It's the COMMITTING TO A LIFESTYLE OF EXERCISE AND HEALTH that produces the "miracle."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!