WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yoga Works!

My sister is currently about halfway through the P90X program, which I recently completed. She was a skeptic at first. You see, she's an exercise fanatic. Talk about committed? That would be her middle name! She gets up at 5:30 every morning to get her exercise in before work and getting the kids up for school. So she thought the P90X program wasn't a big deal - that it would just like any of her other exercise DVDs.

Wrong.

She not only got hooked on it, but after taking 10 days off for a recent camping/hiking vacation in Colorado, she finally admitted that P90X had indeed worked to increase her strength and stamina. And the extra secret from her? She attributes the yoga in the program to being a large factor in the improvement in her fitness levels. She has a love-hate relationship with yoga like I do! I love what it does for me, but I hate doing it! How's that for honesty?

This is exactly what one of my blog readers encouraged me with when I was beginning the P90X program - that yoga would improve my running abilities, give me more energy, and increase my strength - and to expect the love-hate relationship with it!

So if you're skittish of exercise, and not sure what you should try, why not yoga? You can either join a class at a local gym or simply buy a yoga DVD. For those of you who are already on the road to fitness, you might note a marked improvement in your strength and stamina. For those of you new to exercise, the results from yoga might just surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!