WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Homemade Breakfast Bars

I came across a recipe for homemade breakfast bars on CBS' The Early Show last year and it was a hit with readers. With the beginning of another school year upon us, I thought I'd republish it for those moms who will encounter those inevitable mornings of children rushing out of the house with their hair uncombed, backpacks forgotten and no time for breakfast!

I usually pack a granola bar in my kids' lunches. These homemade breakfast bars also serve as a "dessert" of sorts - or a snack - but with a healthy twist. They're a perfect granola bar alternative. So will you serve them for breakfast or lunch? Your choice!

Homemade Breakfast Bars

By Katie Lee Joel

1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a sauce pan over medium-high flame. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from flame and pour in oats and raisins. Mix well. Spread mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into bars.

Katie Lee Joel explained that she makes these ahead of time and freezes them. That's a feature I love. Guess what I'm going to make and freeze this weekend? :-)

Click here to see other quick and healthy breakfast ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!