WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Weather Nixing Your Exercise?

It's March 1 and in my part of the world, six inches of snow dumped overnight. And talk about cold? It was -2 degrees a few mornings ago! Trying to exercise amidst these conditions is tough, let alone finding the gumption to deal with such conditions.

Is this an obstacle for any of you? It certainly is for me. I've have to get creative when the nasty weather flies. I've become a runner again over the past two years. I thrive on it and enjoy it - immensely. BUT, at -2F, no thank you! I admit it - I'm a wuss in either extreme cold or extreme heat.

So my solution? I bought a $90 Nordic Track elliptical machine on clearance, I joined the YMCA, and I have my tried and true exercise videos. If I can't exercise in inclement weather now, then I'm just filled with excuses!

If I feel particularly wimpy about the cold, I skip the pool at the YMCA and opt for their treadmill for a run. If I don't want to venture out in a snowstorm and risk my life coming down my winding, twisting, mountain road, then I opt for my elliptical machine in my basement or a cardio video. On the rare day we get sunshine and it hits above 35 F, I might run outside or go for a power walk. (If I was a skier or a snowshoer, winter exercise would be easier!)

Is winter weather holding you back from just moving it? Does anyone else have any real-life examples and suggestions to breaking winter's grip on your exercise motivation? We have at least another month of some pretty difficult weather. Let's figure out a way to do this and jump start your spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!