WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Better Health = Better Quality of Life

Recently, I was asked to describe my blog, or its purpose, in just a few sentences. (Did that person realize how difficult that is for a person who can taaaaaaaaaalk????)

Hmmmm. Here goes: It's not about tooting my own horn, or yours....it's about using our success stories (yours and mine) as well as our experiences to encourage and motivate women to pursue good health - to not give up hope that it IS an attainable goal! It's about focusing on improving our quality of life as women through improving our health - we become more energetic mothers, more productive workers, more fun as friends, and better lovers when we are healthy. It's not about addressing our outward appearances, but rather our entire person - fitness and health, inside and out.

Breast cancer runs in my family. I can't change my gene pool. But what I CAN change is my current health status - my weight, exercise, and nutrition. Should I ever develop breast cancer, I at least will have the comfort of knowing that I did what I could to make sure it wasn't because of my poor health habits. What a burden of regret to carry if one were to develop a life-threatening illness because of one's choices in lifestyle. In otherwords, take control of the things you can, and let go of the things you can't.....

Since there are many aspects of becoming healthy, let's focus first on getting ourselves motivated and moving. In later posts, we'll discuss food, nutrition, exercises, fitness, strategies, tips, etc. etc. etc.

For any of you who have made the journey from unfit to fit, there were obstacles to overcome in getting yourself moving - to actually getting yourselves in an exercise habit. What were your obstacles (childcare, money, time, motivation, lack of self control?) And more importantly: What did you do to overcome those obstacles???

Share your insights won't you? It just might influence someone to get off the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!