WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Monday, March 3, 2008

How to Get the Results You Want

I once heard the definition of stupidity as doing the same thing over and over and over, yet expecting a different result.

Boy have I done that numerous times in my life! Think about that... It's soooo true. Why do we expect to lose weight, or get fit, trying the same old, same old, just in different packaging? We try this latest fad diet, or that latest fad diet, expecting a miracle food plan...all while hoping to not have to give up our gluttonous and sedentary lifestyles long term! We hope that by eating a particular food combination, or eliminating something, we can even lose weight while not having to get off our couch and lift a finger in exercise. We want a quick fix, not an overhaul. Believe me, I've been there!

Achieving success, or changing your life, means doing things the way you've never done them before.

It requires more than just hard work! We are human beings - we form habits because they give us comfort and security; we know what to expect. So to break our patterns of behavior - our habits - requires an overhaul in our resolve and mindset:

RESOLVE: (Click here to see my Dec. 27, 2007 post) Determine what your new course of action will be - complete with a game plan and goals. Determine why you want success. Determine your purpose, the benefits of your success. And it doesn't have to be complicated - just a simple list of the few things you will need to do from this day forth to reach your goal. Resolve yourself to what it is you truly want.

CHANGE YOUR MINDSET: Keeping your same mindset about your weight or fitness will NOT lead to change. To achieve your new goals, you're going to have to think differently about nutrition, about exercise, about your priorities, about your future. In the past, I WANTED to lose weight, I wanted to get fit, but I never acheived it because I wasn't willing to change my mindset from the temporary to the permanent.

So as we pursue adding exercise, or increasing the intensity of our exercise, let's understand that this is for life. Long term. From this day forth, exercise WILL be a part of your everyday life - even after you've lost weight. Begin to go about pursuing better health in a way you've never done before..both in determination and mindset.

I, for one, don't want to be "stupid!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!