WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Are Your Pants Too Tight?

I was thinking today how easy it is for 10 pounds to creep up on me. That's how I ended up 30 pounds heavier after six children! I woke up one day and thought, "Who is that fat lady in the mirror?!"

Yep, it was me all right. Same face, albeit much rounder and fuller. Same hands, but fingers more like sausages. It was me for sure.

Now having lost 30 pounds, I KNOW to watch for little upward increments in weight. I'm not obsessed by it - I don't let it control me. But I keep a wary eye on how my pants fit - and on the scale. People who've lost weight always say that maintenance is actually the hardest part of the process.

It's been 1 1/2 years since I slimmed down and over two years since I determined to live a healthy and fit life. Now, I KNOW to nip a 3-5 pound weight gain in the bud early...to avoid a repeat of my "fat lady" days. I increase my exercise or moderate my food choices when I notice the scale inching upwards.

Don't obsess over every pound. But by all means, keep a watchful eye on your body. It reflects how you treat it! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...you know what I mean! :-)
How do YOU maintain your weight/fitness goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!