WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Monday, January 18, 2010

One Easy Tweak Can Indeed Lead to Weight Loss!

If you've been with me for a while, you know I'm a proponent of making small lifestyle changes over a period of time...that slow and steady wins the race! I know that in my own health journey, I made only two initial changes in my lifestyle - and those two changes resulted in a 40 pound weight loss over 6 months - and that weight has been kept off for four years! I began exercising 60 minutes every day, and I cut white flour out of my diet. Those two simple modifications ended up being more significant than I could have imagined! Instead of changing 20 different things in my diet or exercise (which we tend to do when we're thinking of losing weight - we try to revamp EVERYTHING), I focused on two changes, making it simple and not overwhelming.

I came across an article on MSNBC.com entitled, "Ten Ways to Drop a Size in 2010". But it wasn't the title that grabbed me...it was the subtitle: "Make one easy tweak a week to quadruple your weight loss."

Ah, making an "easy tweak." Now this I like. Little changes. Little changes are not intimidating, they're easier to stick with, and it's much more doable than 20 changes at once!

Click here to read the article and see if maybe one of these "tweaks" might be for you!

4 comments:

  1. You are so go to read further, Val. I saw the main title and flipped right to the next website I was going to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val - I wrote a guest post on my running goals/plans for this year. Check it out at http://mothereseblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/wont-you-be-my-neighbor-nicki.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicki, I checked it out. KUDOS to you!!!! You're a true inspiration. I hope women see that it's NEVER too late to get active, to set fitness goals, to develop a passion.... Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Val! I also am going to throw a 5K in Cazenovia in there in February. My cousin asked me to run with him, though I know we will not be anywhere near each other at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!