WELCOME

I'm so excited you've visited my site. My hope is that you'll find encouragement to take control of your life, to stop feeling a victim of your circumstances, and to finally strengthen your mind in order to change your path!

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Life's Not a Dress Rehearsal

I don't know who originally said this, but this came through on an e-mail today and it's definitely worth repeating:

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present. Live and savor every moment...life is not a dress rehearsal.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. Life is not a dress rehearsal. Life is not a dress rehearsal. Got that? Such a simple statement but so profound. How many of you watch others live life (on television, in movies, in books) instead of living it yourself! How many of you wish and wish and wish for better health, to be more in shape so you have the energy and stamina to actually go out and do the things that look like fun, but don't have the courage to step out and make the changes necessary to get your wish? (By the way, wishing hard enough won't make it happen - YOU have to make it happen!)

It's possible! Yes, it is. Don't play the victim anymore. Refuse to listen to lies that hold you back from accomplishing your health goals. For some reason, we have this mentality that we can only pursue better health if we're 100% sure that we won't fail, or slip here and there. If we think we can't be perfect at our pursuit of weight loss and fitness, then we don't even try in the first place! We don't see that little steps are just as important as giant leaps!

Picture this: Getting anywhere takes placing one foot in front of the other. Sometimes we have to back track before we can go forward again. Sometimes we stand still in place and regroup. But then we march forward again. And each march forward puts us closer to our destination.

Pursuing your health goal not only starts with this kind of a journey, but it ends up being a lifelong journey. Now don't let that scare you! That's not a bad thing; it's a beautiful thing! I have come to terms with the fact that until the day I die, there will not be an "Aha, I've done it, I've arrived, I've now reached my health goal and I'm done!" You see, choosing to eat healthy, choosing to exercise, choosing to LIVE my life instead of watch others live it is a daily decision. Daily. And you know what? That's a blessing. As I look at individuals who struggle with handicaps and illness, I realize what a blessing and opportunity I have to be able to use my two good legs, and two good arms, and healthy heart and muscles. Let me be a good steward of them (see my 8/28/07 post)! And for those individuals struggling with handicaps or illness, being in the best possible health you can be in is even more vital.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is the real show. Now go live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful in any comments you choose to leave...thank you!